If you are wanting to be inspired by the season trends when choosing your wedding dress this season, we bring to you 13 wedding dress trends for summer 2016 straight from the New York Bridal Week runways. Many of the styles are not surprising as we’ve seen them trending in high street fashion. Interestingly, strapless gowns haven’t been featured this season. It’s always a popular style amongst brides. If you are keen to have a strapless gown, why not opt for an off the shoulder cut?
Some of the more interesting trends are the pant and jumpsuit style wedding attire which makes a chic statement on the pant suit. Here are the 13 trends that we will see brides opting for this season.
1. High necklines like this Lele Rose gown.
2. Crop tops and cut outs are a big season trend not just in fashion but also in bridal gowns.
3. Asymmetrical hemlines are trendier than a train.
4. Deep V or plunging necklines are the business. No need for a bra with these gown styles.
5. The 70’s fringe is also making a debut on shorter gowns.
6. The wedding jumpsuit is the new take on the pant suit. While it is strapless, we’re loving the masculinity of the pant in this wedding attire.
7. The peekaboo skirt is a cheeky way of having a split, without showing too much leg.
8. Off the shoulder gowns are a big season trend. This was a no brainer as we’ve seen off the shoulder dresses in everyday wear.
9. This trend is more suited to our Autumn, but the wedding cape is a sweet trend for the modest bride.
10. Separates teamed together to create an eclectic look were popular on the runway. Best of all, the pieces can be intermixed with your wardrobe to get more cost per wear.
11. Palazzo pants are an elegant take on the pant suit.
12. This sundress style is perfect for a beach, garden or outdoor style wedding.
13. Whimsical florals are the pattern of the season and make wedding gowns magical and romantic.
Which dress style do you like the best?
If you liked this post, you may like to read this post about the $300 ASOS Wedding Dress Brides are going crazy for.