A Guide to Finding the Perfect Wedding Jewellery Regardless of Your Budget (PLUS GIVEAWAY)
Whether you are looking for something special to wear on your own wedding day, or looking for a perfect gift for a bride-to-be, this guide highlights some of our favourite pieces to help you on your way (regardless of your budget.)
Here are a are a few important things you should bear in mind when selecting wedding jewellery.
Choose a piece that will last a lifetime
Brides often like to keep their wedding jewellery to pass down as a family heirloom to the next generation. If this is the case, you may also consider personalised pieces, such as a locket that can be engraved with a special note, the bride and groom’s names or a date to be cherished for years to come.
Will you/they be observing the popular wedding tradition of wearing ‘something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue?’
Incorporating sapphire jewellery into the wedding outfit can be a beautiful way to observe this tradition.
Know your budget before you start looking, and then stick to it!
As difficult as that may sound, if you know where to shop, it’ll be easier than you think. Last year we told you a little bit about Blue Nile – the best kept secret on the internet! You can catch up on that article here. Not only do they have a huge range (bigger than we think you’ll ever find in a local retail store), if you compare items of equal quality, you’ll find Blue Nile’s prices 20-40% lower than many of those retailers too. Blue Nile’s jewellery also comes with a lifetime warranty – so you can rest assured you won’t be the victim of faulty workmanship.
Whatever your budget, we’re sure you’ll find what you are looking for (and at a fantastic price) at Blue Nile. They have truly beautiful pieces and many that you won’t find elsewhere. Another giant tick in their favour is their personal customer service which is available 24/7 to assist you with your very special purchase, delivery and payment queries. Furthermore, should you change your mind on a purchase, Blue Nile offers a 30 day money-back guarantee. So if you need to return your selection for any reason they’ll provide you with an exchange or a full refund. Blue Nile really is a must to include on your wedding day jewellery list!
Here are our top picks:
Limited Budget ($100-$300)
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl Strand with 14k white gold (7.0-7.5mm)
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl Stud Earrings in 14k white gold (7mm)
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl Bracelet in 14k white gold (7.0-7.5mm)
- Vintage-Inspired Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Earrings in Sterling Silver (6.5mm)
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Vintage-Inspired Pendant in sterling silver (7mm)
- Vintage-Inspired Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Chandelier Earrings in Sterling Silver (6mm)
- Vintage-Inspired Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Pendant in Sterling Silver (8mm)
- Triple-Strand Baroque Freshwater Cultured Pearl Bracelet in Sterling Silver (7.5mm)
- Engravable Diamond Locket in Sterling Silver
- Heart-Tag Toggle Bracelet in Sterling Silver
- Blue Topaz Rope Pendant in Sterling Silver (7mm)
- Blue Topaz Rope Stud Earrings in Sterling Silver (7mm)
- Blue Topaz and London Blue Topaz Teardrop Pendant in Sterling (9x7mm)
- Blue Topaz and London Blue Topaz Teardrop Earrings in Sterling Silver (9x7mm)
Mid-range Budget ($100-$1000)
- Classic Akoya Cultured Pearl Stud Earrings in 18k Yellow Gold (7.0-7.5mm)
- Classic Akoya Cultured Pearl Pendant in 18k White Gold (7.0-7.5mm)
- Classic Akoya Cultured Pearl Bracelet in 18k White Gold (6,5-7.0mm)
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl and Sapphire Drop Pendant in 14k White Gold (8mm)
- Classic Akoya Cultured Pearl and Diamond Stud Earrings in 18k White Gold (6.0-6.6.5mm)
- Engravable Bar Necklace in 14k Yellow Gold
- Wide Rounded Bangle Bracelet in Sterling Silver
- Oval Beaded Locket in 14k Yellow Gold
- Sapphire and Diamond Eternity Ring in 14k White Gold
- Sapphire and Diamond Drop Pendant in 14k White Gold (4mm)
Once-in-a-Lifetime Jewellery ($1,000 – $25,000)
- Golden South Sea Cultured Pearl Strand Necklace in 18k Yellow Gold (9-11mm)
- South Sea Cultured Pearl and Diamond Bracelet in 18k Yellow Gold (10-10.5mm)
- South Sea Pearl and Diamond Earrings in Platinum (13mm)
4. Monica Rich Kosann Oversized Mother of Pearl Oval Locket in 18k Satin Yellow Gold
Blue Nile also makes it easy to personalise your own once in a lifetime jewellery.
You can choose to build your own diamond pendant or design your own custom made engagement and/or wedding ring. We recommend visiting the website to see just how simple and easy they have made the process.
5. Pear Sapphire Triomphe Diamond Drop Pendant in 18k White Gold (4.64 ct. centre)
6. Sapphire and Diamond Halo Loop Dangle Earrings in 18k White Gold (2.62 cts)
7. Radiant Cut Sapphire and Diamond Halo Bracelet in 18k White Gold (4.5×3.6mm)
Blue Nile are giving Stylehunter Collective readers the chance to win a beautiful piece of wedding jewellery for your special day or share this amazing competition with a Bride to Be as the winner will be given the choice between the Oval Beaded Locket in 14k Yellow Gold (RRP AU$705), the Sapphire and Diamond Drop Pendant (RRP AU$975), and the Freshwater Cultured Pearl and Quad Diamond Pendant (RRP AU$855).
To enter, simply complete the entry form below.