If you want to look good while exercising this new year, here are some tips to help you look your best while you get back into shape.
1. Choose exercise clothes that fit you well. Not too tight and not too baggy – clothes that flatter while you run will not only build your confidence but will ensure you look your best should you run into an old mate while hitting the pavement.
2. Choose breathable materials which will hide the sweat while you exercise. Avoid cotton as this absorbs moisture and heat and will cling to your skin. Polyester, nylon and spandex are great for exercising in because they are breathable and lightweight.
3. Choose a well fitted sports bra. The right sports bra will prevent back, neck and breast pain in the future. A poor bra can also emphasise poor posture. Always get measured for your sports bras and ensure it’s supportive.
From top left going clockwise: Run Fast Short Sleeve Top $49.95, Strike a Pose Bralette $64.95, Bionic Revolution AB workout tank $59.95, Champion Sassy Seamless Cami $29.95, The Canyon Tank To Be Happy in China Blue $59.95, Powertrain Tee by Champion $29.95
4. Choose a basic BB cream, rather than full make-up when exercising. Bare-faced is best, but if you can’t face the world without the extra colour, a BB cream or tinted moisturizer is a good choice. Get your eyelashes tinted if you regularly work out and wear a natural lip balm to avoid licking your lips.
5. Choose bright colours. Bright coloured workout clothes help motivate you to get exercising. If you lack energy, wearing a vibrant exercise outfit will help you get out of your rut and out onto the pavement (or treadmill).
6. Put your hair up. Leaving your hair down as your work out will not only annoy you, but add to your sweat levels. Keep your hair high off your face and you will look the business as you workout.
7. Choose the right shoes for your work out type. If you know you’ll be running a lot, choose a good running shoe with extra support and padding to cushion your foot when it hits the ground. If you only intend to walk or do low-impact exercises, wear shoe to suit your exercise needs. Wear some pattern on your feet to draw attention away from your body if you feel self-conscious.
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links on this post. Should you choose to purchase an item, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.