A button down white shirt is a classic staple all women own in their wardrobe. It’s easy to chuck on over jeans or worn with a pencil skirt to work. It’s versatility makes it a trans-seasonal piece that will never go out of fashion.
Chrissy Rutherford from Harper’s Bazaar shared 5 cool ways to style a white shirt with a few easy styling tricks. We’ve found one extra style that could be added. We’re sure there are plenty more ways to style this staple.
6 stylish ways to wear a white shirt.
1. Cold Shoulder – simply button your shirt half way from the bottom and slide the collar so your shoulders are visible for an off the shoulder look.
2. Tie On The Side – Button your shirt from the bottom up, take one sleeve across your chest and pull the other sleeve around your shoulder and fasten into a tie or knot.
3. Sweetheart Neckline – Button your shirt from the bottom up, and take both sleeves to the front to tie in a knot.
4. Tie Skirt – Button your shirt around your waist and pull the sleeves towards your waist and tie in a knot on the side. If you want to show a bit of leg, unbutton some buttons for a slit.
5. Black Tie – For a really glamorous way to wear your white shirt, button your shirt and place one arm through the sleeve. The remaining sleeve can be pulled across your waist and fastened back with a brooch.
6. Tie Front Crop – Button down shirt but leave the last 2 buttons undone and tie the hem into a knot.
How do you wear your white shirt?