Truffles and rum balls are the perfect quick sweet to make, and not just at Christmas. These Allspice Chocolate Truffles are so easy you can encourage the kids to make the while you sit back with a good book…or your iPad and Stylehunter Collective open.
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour refrigeration : Cooking time: 5 minutes : Makes: 30 small balls
200g plain cooking chocolate
2 medium egg yolks
1 tsp McCormick Cinnamon Ground
1 tsp McCormick Vanillin Sugar
250g White chocolate melted
200g shredded coconut
- Melt chocolate and butter together then stir in egg yolks and spices. Mix well. Beat until the mixture thickens. Place in a refrigerator until the mixture has hardened slightly (roughly about 1 hour)
- Shape the mixture into small balls
- Dip set truffles in melted white chocolate and coat with shredded coconut.
Hints & Tips
- Add the zest of ½ orange to truffle mix for added zing.
- Adults only – add 2 tbsp dark rum to mixture at step 1 before refrigeration.
- Place finished balls into sweet cases and put into a pretty box and give as a gift.