The kitchen is the busiest hub in a house so it makes sense to present it stylishly and to have a design that fits seamlessly into the lifestyle of your family. If you’re looking to update your kitchen here are some hints and tips to ensure your design will be on trend for 2016.
1. Open plan kitchens are here to stay. Families congregate in the kitchen due to this fluent design which makes it part of the main living space. Island benches are becoming longer to accommodate family meals and an area for entertaining friends. Masters have a great range of open plan kitchens that can be tailor made to suit your budget.
2. Cupboards are frameless and handles are becoming obsolete for a clean cut look.
3. Kitchens should be clutter free and only have the essential appliances on display. Butlers pantries and corner cupboards maximize storage space to put away meaningless clutter in the kitchen.
4. Stainless steel appliances are a trend that continue to dominate the kitchen. Look out for appliances in brushed metal surfaces. They may not be wallet friendly, but they will make a big statement in the kitchen.
From top left going clockwise: Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher in Silver, Chef Electric wall oven in stainless steel, Samsung Neo Dual Cook Conventional Oven, Westinghouse Side by Side Fridge, Fisher and Paykel Touch Slide Cooktop, Fisher and Paykel Gas Cooktop, Samsung 5 Burner Gas Cooktop, Samsung Glass Canopy 60cm Rangehood, Samsung Stainless Steel Canopy Rangehood 60cm, Venini Curved Glass Ranghood, Fisher and Paykel Stainless Steel Dishwasher, Electrolux Freestanding Stainless Steel Dishwasher.
If your budget doesn’t allow for a full kitchen renovation, why not try these tips to update your existing kitchen?
1. Change your sink mixer to a modern, stainless steel gooseneck flick mixer.
2. Declutter and put away appliances and utensils that don’t need to be on display.
3. Plants always freshen a room – why not place a plant at the end of the bench?
4. Scrub your sink with Jiff or Gumption to give life to a stainless steel sink.
5. If your budget allows it, why not change the benchtops to ceasar stone to modernize the area?
6. Replace kitchen door handles for modern chrome handles. Or spray paint the existing handles with a colour that will suit the existing colours in your home.
Does your kitchen need an update? Can you share some tips on how you updated or renovated your kitchen?
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links on this post. If you choose to purchase anything in this post, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.